SSVC has been broadcasting for the UK Armed Forces and their families since the 1940s, you may know us as BFBS (British Forces Broadcasting Service). We have radio stations, news teams, events specialists, engineers and social media channels all over the world, working alongside the military.
Over the last few years we spotted a gap in the market – for solid communications advice and support, at no extraordinary cost. We work on a whole range of exciting clients ranging from the Royal Air Force, Ministry of Defence and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to Defence charities and societies like the Forces Pension Society.
We are looking for a Digital Consultant to join our rapidly expanding portfolio of work. We want someone who can use their digital creative skills to produce content, advise our clients on strategic direction, social media account management, and deliver training.
If you value flexibility, freedom, opportunity, and ambition, this could be the environment for you.
We are a small team and need someone with initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit, as well as solid project management skills. Our ambition is to grow the team further and we would like this person to be a part of the exciting part of the business we are building.
You will be based out of our London Victoria office and report into our Head of Consultancy. You will be required to occasionally travel to our main office in Gerrards Cross as well as to clients. This is a full-time role, but we are open to discussions around working patterns. You will have 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays. Plus, we organise regular socials to spend time with the wider team.
Are you a super creative, friendly and helpful digital obsessive? This job could be for you.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your CV, with a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria for the position and indicating your salary expectation to email@example.com.
The Digital Consultant will be required to deliver digital advice and services to our clients. We’ll also want you to help find new commercial opportunities for the department.
You’ll be writing social media posts, working with our video team to produce videos, offering strategic advice, and running training events. You’ll be able to write plain English copy and able to take on different tones of voice. You will be responsible for making sure the content you produce is based on the client’s needs and goals.
You will also be responsible for producing high quality digital content and keeping up to date with the latest digital and communications trends. You’ll need to be a trusted advisor in the most up to date digital techniques.
You will be expected to find new opportunities for us by researching and contacting potential customers, attending, organising, and speaking at events, and delivering training. You will need to meet your commercial objectives which will be reviewed annually.
With an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines you will be a team player with excellent, broad general knowledge. You’ll also be happy with occasional international travel. You will be required to undergo Security Check level security clearance.
- Delivering high quality digital creative services to our clients
- Attending events and producing content from them
- Running training sessions for clients
- Finding and developing new commercial opportunities
- Maintaining positive customer relationships
- Meeting revenue targets
- Being alert to any potential problems and discussing them with the Head of Consulting
Building up digital skills and learning new skills relevant to customer demand
Identifying areas for improvement and instigate changes as directed
Key Skills, Experience and Education:
- A commitment to keep up to date with the latest digital trends
- An obsession with social media and digital content
- A flexible, adaptable attitude is essential, to cope with varied work, last-minute requests and ever-changing technological issues
- Commercial nous with the initiative to develop new clients
- Broad general knowledge for spotting factual errors as well as good critical thinking skills to recognise inconsistencies or vagaries
- Interpersonal skills for dealing with clients
- Ability to establish priorities and balance a desire for perfection with the necessity to follow deadlines
- Understand customer’s strategic needs and advise on how they can achieve them
- Experience using content management systems
- An inquisitive mind with high levels of concentration
- Public speaking skills
- Experience in delivering training
- Knowledge of the British Armed Forces (desired)
- Knowledge of working with UK government (desired)
- Solid understanding of Creative Cloud (desired)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Have worked on campaigns or client accounts before
We reserve the right to conduct interviews and close applications prior to this date